Monday, April 1, 2013

You ARE...!

If you were at the Women's Retreat, you may remember a story I told about a piece of pottery that I own.  I would say that it's one of my favorite possessions.  It sits in a prominent place so I can see it every day and remember...

Just to familiarize you with the back story...I found it in a little shop in NoDa that sells my jewelry.  I had always admired this potter's work but I had never met her.  One day when I was in the shop, she was there and I found myself back at her display admiring her work.  A new piece grabbed my attention. 



I picked it up to look at it but it was a little more than I wanted to spend that day, so I returned it, thinking that it would be a great suggestion for a Christmas present.  As I did she said, "I don't mean to pressure you, but if you're interested, it's one of a kind."  I was surprised that she wouldn't make it again, it was so beautiful, so I asked her why.

Her response...  "It was a mess up, the glaze ran wrong, I can't duplicate it."  I picked it right back up and purchased it that day!  It reminded me that my Heavenly Father takes all the mess ups in my life and makes something beautiful from them!

But here's what I want to remind you of today...  When I thought about taking it to the retreat as a visual aid to my story, it occurred to me, "What if they don't think it's as beautiful as I do?"

And then came the quiet realization in my heart...  It doesn't matter what anyone else says, it only matters what the maker and the purchaser say!

And that is what is true for you!  It only matters what your Maker and your Purchaser say about you...  And the best part is, since they only speak truth, it's not an opinion, it's a fact!  So let me leave you with a little of what your Creator (Maker) and Redeemer (Purchaser) say about you!

You ARE the apple of His eye!  Psalm 17:8
You ARE His treasured possession!  Deuteronomy 7:6
You ARE beloved!  Colossians 3:12
You ARE an overcomer!  1 John 4:4
You ARE forgiven!  Ephesians 1:7
You ARE free!  Romans 8:2
You ARE accepted!  Ephesians 1:6 (KJV)
You ARE a Masterpiece!  Ephesians 2:10
You ARE loved with a lavish love!! 1 John 3:1

Do you have a favorite verse that reminds you of who you are in God's eyes?  If so, I would love for you to share it in the comments, or on the Vine Life Facebook page!

Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment