Monday, July 28, 2014

Life & My GPS

I am one of the most directionally challenged people you might ever meet.  I rarely go somewhere new that I don't also have to ask my GPS to take me home too!  But one thing that is so hard for me, when it comes to following my GPS, is that it only shows me the next turn!  I want to see the whole route to my destination!  I want to be able to alter the course, if I don't like the way it's taking me.  But it has occurred to me more than once, that's exactly the same thing I struggle with in day to day life, when it comes to following Jesus!

I want to know God's will for my life, I want to obey Him, I want to fulfill my calling, my purpose, but I want it all now and I want to know exactly how I'm going to get there.  But rarely does God work like that...  He calls us to live this life one day, one step at a time.  He shows us the next turn, but rarely beyond that.

But here's what I'm learning...  every step in life has a purpose, every turn He directs us to, is leading us closer to and preparing us for another part of the journey.

So what does that mean for right now?  Are you struggling to know your calling/purpose?  Are you frustrated because you think you should be doing more with your gifts?  Do you feel like what you're doing is small and insignificant?

Let me suggest that you change your lens for how you view your life...  Nothing in God's plan is small and insignificant, no part of the journey is less important than another.  The people you encounter each day along the way are part of your purpose.  Don't be so focused on what's to come that you miss the opportunities that are right in front of you to bless others and to show the love of Jesus to them.

Instead of worrying and fretting about what comes after the next turn, live this part of the journey to the fullest.  "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31.  You never know how God will use the lessons and experiences of today to prepare you for what He has for you someday.

Happy journeying,
Sharla



No comments:

Post a Comment