But I want to be sure I don't go on a "spiritual vacation" this summer. It's easy to make our relationship with Christ a lower priority when we are out of our routine. So how do we stay connected to the Lord this summer?
* Keep reading your Bible (listening to God) and praying (talking with God).
* Come to church every Sunday you're in town.
* Visit a church service when you're out of town.
* Make a lunch date with a friend and talk about spiritual things.
* Come to the Vine Life Summer Salad Socials on June 18 and July 17.
Yes, REST - in the peace of Christ and in the finished work of your Savior. But don't go on a spiritual vacation. Make summer a unique time of spiritual refreshment!
"Better is one day in your courts
than a thousand elsewhere;
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
the Lord bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold
from those whose walk is blameless.
O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you."
- Kathryn Truden