Monday, September 2, 2013

Bible Study

Except for a break this spring, I have been in Vine Life Bible studies for eight years. I took the break so that I could do a Bible study on my own about marriage. Here's how that went:

By the third lesson I thought, "Huh. I bet I could teach this!"

By the fourth lesson I thought, "There's NO WAY I could ever teach this. I have so much to learn about loving my husband."

And guess what? I never made it to the fifth lesson. I allowed myself to get distracted by the tyranny of the urgent.

What I learned was that I need the accountability of a group Bible study. So I have already signed up for a women's Bible study at church this fall.

I can't wait! I miss the group discussions and the great teaching. I miss being around Truth seekers. I miss hearing the hearts of other women and growing spiritually together. I miss how God leads it all!

I hope you will consider being in a Vine Life Bible study this fall. There are groups on Monday and Tuesday evenings and Wednesday and Saturday mornings. The information on each has been in the church newsletter, in e-mail, in the bulletin, etc. Women of various ages and spiritual backgrounds attend.

To register, stop by the Fellowship Hall this Sunday, Sept. 8 or use the Keeping in Touch form. If you have any questions about signing up, contact Laura Bansek (Women's Ministry Director) at laura@stonebridge.org.

- Kathryn Truden







No comments:

Post a Comment